Stay in Control

Fun Friyay!

Today's focus is: "inhibition"

Inhibition is to stop and behave kindly at the appropriate time. I think it is completely fine to be excited when you win or be excited when you are winning.  There is nothing wrong with that. It is also okay to be frustrated if you aren't winning.  

That is why inhibition is important. It is important for children to learn when to be excited and when to be frustrated AND how to be those things.  

This is a conversation and gets put onto the rule board AFTER the first week.  I don't bring it up the first week because I want to first see if my students can do it without a conversation. 

Well...with this group I definitely needed to have the conversation. After the conversation and the games being played, I walk around (like I always do) and when I see a student struggling.  I will give them the options and remind them how to act. We take a quick breathing break and get back on track.  Or the student leaves the game until they are ready to play again.  I will play the game for that student. 

P.S. NEW GAME: CONNECT FOUR!



Comments