No Cookies?? Now what...?

 I'm not going to lie, as I was writing last weeks blog I was going to just tell you about the cookie self-control experiment and then move on to my next lesson.  But the more I thought about it, how will be student learn if I don't explain it to them.  

In first grade terms we talked about the cookie experiment and how some of us got two, some of us didn't...and we talked about our feelings. (mad, angry, frustrated, upset)

Our bodies get that way sometimes where we can't control them and we want the cookie so bad! And so I ask them...

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN WE NOTICE WE CAN'T CONTROL OUR BODIES??

We wrote a list: 

We can...

*take 3 deep breathes 

*count to 10

*ask for a wiggle break (walk to the office and back)

*GoNoodles

I kept it small for a reason.  If you give them too many ideas, they will forget all of them. We kept it to four.  

Comments