What Are You Thinking?

 How many thoughts do you think you have a day? Too many to count right? 

This week's Mindful Monday lesson is all about thoughts.  Good thoughts and bad thoughts.  The bad thoughts are your thoughts that distract you during the day. 

After watching the video, my students and I compared our thoughts to the Zones of Regulation.  We talked about our good thoughts mean we are in the green because we are using our thoughts to help us learn and stay focused on what we are learning to grow. We also talked about our distracted thoughts mean we are in the yellow.  And our mad or angry thoughts are in the red.  

My students had a good understanding of the thoughts and how to help them learn or the ones that distract them.  

I decided to try something, and we will see how it goes.  I placed a bucket our mindful resources for my students to use while I am teaching.  If a student is noticing their thoughts are distracting them, they can go use them, take a quick break and come back to what we are learning.  I hope this will help them learn but also help them understand when they are not paying attention.  

For our students to be aware when they need support is only going to help them become successful in the classroom.  

Stay tuned for how this is going next week!

Comments