Keep Your Jewels: The creation!

Welp...this was a bust.  This was a struggle.  It was very hot today.  I am not making excuses (but I am), I think the heat had a lot to do with their attention span and drive in this activity.  

Reminder: I got this great STEM idea from Teachers Are Terrific STEM and SCIENCE. Take a look at this great website for a ton of STEM projects with very little supplies to buy.  

Our treasure box materials were: popsicle sticks, construction paper, and glue. I decided to use tape half way through because my students struggled with the glue not drying.  

After about a half hour this is what I got: 





My students, kept trying, but nothing would work! The tape wasn't stick, and the glue wasn't trying.  So I said, STOP! We cleaned up and we talked about how inventors didn't create anything perfectly the first time.  Not even the second time. 

We discussed what to use and what not to use for our next project.  

This was a lesson learned for us all.  Yes some of them did really great, but for the most part, this was tricky!

Comments