Crayon Box: Drawing!

 My students have blown me out of the water with how well they are working on STEM projects together.  I am keeping their groups the same because they are all doing so well.  I am so proud of their hard work.  

One of things I did notice they struggled with was timing.  It was taking them a long time to draw up a plan and then create their drawings right away. I decided to split it up. I split it up weekly. We draw one week and then build the next.  

I got this STEM idea from Miss Dena on her website: Miss Tech Queen. I did mix it up a little bit supplies wise because I am running out of supplies.  

We read the book: The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt. I showed them a crayon box and talk about the "important" parts of the box.  Why is their a cover, why is there a bottom? 

This STEM project is creating a crayon box using just legos! Their drawings weren't as detailed as I'd like, but we will see how they do next week when they build them. 

 







Comments