Keep Your Jewels! Drawings.

 Where do pirates keep their stolen jewels and gold? TREASURE BOXES! 

I have pretty beads, art flowers, and pretty sequences to use as my student's jewels.  I tell me students we are going to be pretend to be pirates and making a treasure box. Before we get into groups, we discuss the questions: 

*What does it take to make a good treasure box? I tried to get the students to say that it needs to be close, a cover, and sturdy.

Then I tell the students they ONLY get to use glue, tape, and construction paper. 

The only rule I had was I didn't want it to leak out the jewels!

Day 1: Get your partners and draw your pictures!








 I got this great STEM idea from Teachers Are Terrific STEM and SCIENCE. Take a look at this great website for a ton of STEM projects with very little supplies to buy. 

Comments