Schedule is Important


First graders crave a schedule, the run on the same thing every day.  That is how they are created to be.  That is why there are so many children that do better behaviorally in school, than at home because there is a schedule at school.

Nothing against parents not having a schedule, I can't imagine trying to do it all! Cheers to you parents!

December is the craziest month. You have regular schoolwork: phonics, reading, math, social studies, science, all the things. You have all that on top of Christmas activities, parties, making a Christmas gift, and probably something else I am forgetting right now! 

I try my best that our schedule stays the same for the school year; but for the month of December, I really make sure. I also post my schedule for the day. If someone is out of the ordinary is happening, I will make sure to tell them the day before and then remind them in the morning along with writing in it in the schedule.  

Some of my students need a schedule just for them.  I laminate each task for them so I can reuse them daily.

Comments