Friday Fun Days!

 I thought of something new these past couple of days.  Fridays are already a crazy day. The week jam packed full of learning, testing, blah, blah. I am adding a little fun (but sneaky fun...) into our Friday!

BOARD GAMES!

Yes, I said it: Board Games! Now if you are reading this you close to my age or older and you are thinking, um okay.  How are board games sneaky? 

Well, the students are playing a game, having fun, and in their eyes, they are learning. The students don't see what they are learning but they are having a blast.  

My Friday blogs will be why board games are fun and learning all at the same time.  Today's blog will be how to prep for it.  Make sure you discuss the rules: 



I call them Mrs. Steffen's classroom rules because they might have other rules at home but, when we are at school, these are the one and only rules.  Students will argue about how to play and that will take the fun away.  

We are also only playing for 20 minutes tops! They have short attention spans, so they won't last longer than that.  

We start with one game at a time to learn! Kids don't play a lot of board games anymore, so we learn them slowly and together. The first game we played together is: War! This is a partner game, so I make sure I have enough cards. 

Don't go out and buy these games! Ask your fellow teacher to borrow games! 

Comments