More Empathy

 I'm still using the Social Awareness Activities from Proud to be Primary

There are a ton of activities in this bundle: whole group, small group, independent.  This activity we did today is independent. If you have the bundle it is page 38-45. It is a mini book called: My Actions and Others.  

This month we've been learning about Empathy. The mini book is a great reminder that our actions have an effect on other people. The students will finish the sentences and then color a picture based on their sentence.  

This should take about two days, depending on how long your social/emotional time is. Mine is only a half hour. With the students writing and coloring it takes long than a half hour, especially if they take their time on their drawings. 

Some examples of what they students should write it: 

When I smile, others will be happy.  

When I yell, others are sad.  

When I laugh, others will laugh too. 

Comments