Blurting Part 2

 Decided to have lunch with my boys again who have been blurting. I feel like one discussion isn't going to make it go away so we had lunch again.  

Yes, some of my students are jealous because I am having lunch with them again. But I just tell the students that they will get to have lunch with me to someday but not yet.  I do lunch groups towards the end of the school year and a fun thing. 

So, they next story we read while we at was Interrupting Chicken by: David Ezra Stein. This is a cute book about a little chicken interrupting his dad reading him a bedtime story.  

As we were reading it, the students were blurting.  I said hmm...aren't you kind of acting like this chicken.  The students was not happy that I compared him to that. But I think it was an eye opener for that student.  Haha! Hey you gotta do what you gotta do! 

We finished the story.  The writing seemed to help the students for now.  My hopes is that they don't want to write it down any more which will get them to realize their blurts can wait until I am done talking or just raise their hand! I wanted the writing to be "work". Who wants to do extra work, right?  

Comments