You Are Enough

Today I remembered why I teach first grade.  First grade is a hard year.  There are different expectations than Kindergarten. They are a HUGE reading jump (yes I know, I am here to talk about how I create a family in my classroom, but I still teach other subjects).  It may be hard...but it is a rewarding year! They learn so much!

They learn their worth as a learner.  And my hopes as a person as well.  

Today I read the book: I am Enough by: Grace Byers. This book is a great read to show students that they may look/act/feel different from the person next to them but we are all going to make mistakes and we all fall.  But, we will always love each no matter.  We are the only ones in this class this year, so we need to make sure we all have each others backs.  

Read it, so good!

Extension: How to draw a person. Have them draw their table partner.  **I also discuss how to draw a person step by step along with coloring expectations in first grade.  

Comments