A Stylish Hello

 SAY HELLO, GOOD MORNING EVERY MORNING!

Seriously, stop your prepping from the morning (trust me, I get it there is so much to do) but, do it.  Stand outside your classroom and say good morning to each student as they walk into the classroom.  

Our principal plays music every morning so I also dance out in the hallway.  It starts the day with a smile and you instantly make a connection with each students.  It takes two seconds to say hello. Do it! 

Just outside the classroom on the wall next to my door I have options on how to say hello. I got this cute decor from The Core Coaches. Their TPT store has some cute stuff.  Their Morning Greeting decor has a ton of ideas on how to greet your students (even COVID friendly ideas).  

My students decide if they want to greet me by: hug, high five, wave, foot bump, or salute.  I'd suggest at least one where you don't have to "touch" the student.  Some students might still feel uncomfortable with hugs or high fives.  I also have wave as an option.  

I also don't make the students greet me. I have one student that still isn't so sure about me.  That is okay, they will eventually so I give them space for now. 

Comments